Twitter Search / fullerseminary

Fuller Seminary

LifeNews.com

The Christian Century - Thoughtful, Independent, Progressive

Reformation Theology Blog

the good ol' days (or not so good ?)

THIS IS A PHOTO FROM THE "OLD DAYS" AT FULLER SEMINARY top floor old library i needed 3 carrels for all my stuff,

-- JESUS SAVES !!

Sunday, November 25, 2018

RIP Dave Kiefer

I happened to attend the Missiology Lectures 2018 and picked up a copy of the seminary news, and noticed that good ol' Kiefer had passed on. 

That's not to say Kiefer and I were friends. He was the registrar when I was  a student there..I think he taught Greek too maybe..; I didn't have him as a professor, and never actually spoke or interacted with him, but his presence was very obvious.

 He always dressed to a tee, a bit intimidating at times, but I'm not sure he meant it to be that way..; not sure where he's from but got the sense that he was real old school in that regard..always a suit and tie.. ; and he was always walking to and fro around campus.. ;..

 I came to respect his presence after a while.. because he wasn't there to nag people or play "cop"..he was just doing his job ( as opposed to one very gruff security guard who also happened to be there at the time... I won't mention  his race or nationality or skin color because that might seem inappropriate, but he made life uncomfortable around campus for several years) . 

And I also noticed that Kiefer had just gotten married shortly before he died. This is heartwrenching. How sad is that ? ! Condolences to his new wife/widow . So here is to good ol' Dave Kiefer who I never really knew personally, just in passing knew who he was; God bless his soul. Rest in Peace. 





--
JESUS SAVES !!