Monday, May 9, 2016

Who WOULD HAVE GUESSED MOUW WOULD b/c such a JET-SETTING GO-GETTER PUBLIC FIGURE "Dr. Richard Mouw and Dr. Jeanette Hsieh to Speak at 2016 Commencements at Wheaton College"


 little bit ridiculous everytime I open up my phone to read the news and look in the theological Section that I continue to see Richard Mouw and his current events... speaking.. writing,etc. It smacks of ambition to me maybe even that he just likes being known and admired.it feels more like fame than theology. Like a Hollywood figure. And that he's trying to prove something. Ever since I was a child and he was a professor at Calvin College and a member of our church, and even friends with our family I felt that let he was above kind of condescending , or more important than those around him. he never spoke directly to me .never spoke to me at all .he was sort of like a VIP all the time never a real person. In Fact I think he  didn't really even like me. To be honest, I'm not even really sure he liked our family , even though he was, and I assume still is, friends with my parents. But then that was also the style of many people of his generation and my parents generation insofa as kids were something to control and too me up and to not speak until spoken to .....ultimate respect and obedience, which is a little ironic if you are a Christian Pastor or theologian because I don't think that's what Jesus represents . He expected people to talk to Him and become friends with them and even question Him and wrestle with the new "way" He was presenting. I never felt any warmth from Mouw, nor even any self-depregating humor or humility. His humility or modesty was obvious, but at the same time couched into the fact that he was a highly-paid person [as president of fuller sem]...thus it was almost a false humility. Everything about Richard not seem to be ambition wrapped up in professional humility or modesty. He seemed to be gunning for the academic ladder all the time. I never saw him play any sports, put on a pair of shorts ,work up a sweat, show a little bit of humanity. his only little revelation of Personality was when he was a frisbee golfer on the campus of Calvin College and smoked his pipe . that was the height of his personality flare, that had the potential to make him slightly approachable even w/ that he didn't seem approachable to me. He still doesn't.  I get the feeling he would call the cops if I knocked on his door and said hello. And therefore I have a difficult time thinking of him as a brother in Christ.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-87107566/


Vk

" If u declare with your mouth,
“Jesus is Lord,” &
 believe in your  
HEART 
that God
 raised Him
 from the dead, 
u will be saved." 
                                            Romans 10.9


GREETINGS ! I INVITE U2 accept JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR LORD & SAVIOR TODAY, RIGHT NOW, OR ANYTIME, & BE SAVED ! Don't wait until it is TOO LATE. Don't Hesitate. The consequences are TOO GREAT.! Humble yourself. You CANNOT do it alone. None of us can. Guaranteed 100% FAILURE RATE for those who try to GO IT ALONE. Kneel down now and say to Jesus, "Sorry & Thank you, I surrender to YOU, LORD, & Commit my LIFE 2 U, now & forever"